American-made, full-spectrum, incomparable reputation at the price of a knock-off.
Many companies have tried to copy Fluence innovations. The SPYDRx was the first array LED design that inspired others manufacturers and over time most of them ended up manufactured in China for a very small retail price.
Now Fluence brings a fixture to the table that is almost identical to their flagship SPYDR 2p, but priced like a knock-off.
The FANG has a slightly higher output, comes with a detachable dimmer module (0-100% in 10% increments) and has a 3 year warranty instead of a 5 year for a fraction of the price.
The FANG is compatible with all SPYDR 2 accessories.
Broad R4 (PhysioSpec Indoor) is a full-cycle spectrum optimized for rapid growth and complete plant development. Tailored for growing plants from initiation to senescence (germination, clones/cuttings, mothers, vegetative and flowering applications) in indoor environments. With a CRI rating of 85, PhysioSpec Indoor offers a beautiful work and research environment with vivid colors and greater contrast to study the health of your crop.
Mounting Hardware Options:
- Lance Hangers: This is the standard mounting option, and is included free with your purchase of a FANG. Provides a 2-point hanging solution, but the customer must supply their own rope ratchets, chain or cable. PSE must also be centered on the fixture or it will be off balance. This is the standard option when not using multi-tier racks.
- Adjustable Hanging Kit: Provides a 2-point hanging solution with 5 feet of braided stainless steel wires and carabiners. PSE must also be centered on the fixture or it will be off balance.
- Short "V" Mounting Brackets: Provides a 4-point mounting solution that's ideal for waterfall decking on top of 2"-3.5" support beams (rolling racks and some pallet racks).
- Long "V" Mounting Brackets: Provides a 4-point mounting solution that's ideal for waterfall decking on top of 4"-5" support beams (pallet racks).
- Solid Decking Mounting Brackets: Provides a 4-point mounting solutions that's ideal for level solid decking and rolling tables. Requires two front-to-back support bars per fixture.
Plug Type Options:
- NEMA 5-15P: This is the standard plug type for most residential (110/120V) outlets in the U.S.
- NEMA 6-15P: This is the standard plug type for most commercial (220/240V) outlets in the U.S.
- NEMA L7-15P: This is a twist-lock plug that is usually meant for outlets with voltages that are 220V or higher.
- Pigtails: If you choose this option there will be no plug at the end of the power cord, only bare wires. This option is normally chosen if the fixture will be hard-wired to your power source.
DC Cord Upgrade Options: The power supply is normally attached directly to the SPYDR fixture. Choose a DC Cord Upgrade only if you wish to remotely mount the power supply. You can mount the power supply on the side of a rack or on an adjacent wall to remove heat from your grow space, and to allow an extra 3.3" of canopy height. A pair of PSE Mounts is included with every fixture, which are ideal for pipes but wide enough for Unistrut as well.
- PPF: 1600 µmol/s
- Power consumption (watts): 626 typical
- Electrical efficiency (μmol/J): 2.5
- Amperage: see below
- Weight (lbs): 24.8 lbs
- Spectrum: Broad R4
- Coverage Area: 4 ft x 4 ft @ 6-8" in above canopy
The SPYDR FANG fixture ships with an autosensing 100-277V power supply. Amperage depends on fixture wattage and input voltage. Below is a general estimate. Actual figures should be calculated based on your exact voltage.
- Amps @ 120V: 5.32A
- Amps @ 230/240V: 2.79A
- Amps @ 277V: 2.34A